As the major source of income for most non-profit organizations is donation, NGOs commonly lack the budget to purchase updated systems and software tools. With such limitation, work efficiency is greatly impacted. In this connection, we have implemented a partnership program with TechSoup Global to donate technological products and related relevant solutions that meet the needs of NGOs.
In the TechDonation Program, all eligible NGOs need to pay only small administration fee to acquire the offered IT products. Since the Program’s inception in 2007, there have been more than 500 local non-profit applicants (Hong Kong and Macau) registering as a beneficiary. A total of 25,000 ICT products, worth over HK$88 million, have been donated through the Program. Evidently, the Program has been helping NGOs to save their resources for other major causes and projects successfully.
Latest Blog Posts
Technology for Good Day 2017 is open for registration!
The “Technology for Good Day” event, formerly known as “NGO Day”, has established itself as a key platform for non-governmental organizations (NGOs), public and private sectors to exchange experience, develop partnership and explore new ICT and strategies in meeting social needs of all kinds. It also signifies the 13th year collaboration between Microsoft Hong Kong Limited and The Hong Kong Council of Social Service (HKCSS) in enhancing the ICT capability of NGOs.
The theme of this year is “The Complete Cloud for Modern Nonprofits – Achieve More for Social Good”. Fruitful programmes include conferences, break-out workshops, exhibition on cloud solutions, case sharing by NGO speakers, and 1:1 Ask the Expert professional consultation service. The details are as follows:
Date: 21st March 2017 (Tue)
Time: 10:00am – 5:30pm
Venue: Microsoft Hong Kong Office @ Cyberport
Details and Free Registration: https://aka.ms/j59hl6
TechDonation Multi-Branch Eligibility
Individual service unit can register for a separate account
Good news! TechDonation relaxes the application eligibility for NGOs. With immediate effect, TechDonation accepts service units / branches of NGOs to register separate accounts. The change of policy allows multi-branch NGOs to enjoy more donated software licenses, and at the same time caters for the diverse needs of service units.
Service units that apply for separate accounts are required to submit the proof of tax exemption status of their mother organizations (Hong Kong NGOs: Copy of Section 88 Certificate of Inland Revenue Department; Macau NGOs: Certificate for Associations of Macau Identification Department). In addition, the following criteria have to be fulfilled:
1. The service unit must have an individual address
2. If the NGO has various units within the same service complex, yet offering services for different target populations, each unit is permitted to register a separate account
3. If a unit has multiple service spots within a building/ area, offering similar services to the same community, the unit is not eligible for a separate account
4. Different service programmes/ projects within a unit is not eligible for a separate account
Points to note for separate account registration
- Registering a separate account follows the normal application procedures which can be done online at www.techdonation.org.hk
- Please submit the online application in English and prefix the abbreviation of parent organization ito the unit name
- Service unit will receive TechDonation’s email for the request of submitting the required documents for validation after submitting the online application
- TechDonation may request the service unit to submit additional documents for validation
- TechDonation reserves the right to decline any application if the service unit fails to provide necessary documents for validation
- TechDonation retains the right to make final decision in case of any dispute
For further enquiry, please feel free to contact TechDonation customer service.
Telephone: (852) 2922-9258／(853) 6630-3181
Nonprofit Technology Conference