Google for nonprofits | FAQs for NGOs
1. What is Google for nonprofits?
Google for nonprofits offers qualified organizations access to free versions of paid Google products and special features designed for nonprofits. These tools can help nonprofits find new donors and volunteers, work more efficiently, and get supporters to take action.
2. What products are included in Google for nonprofits?
● Free access to Google Apps. A range of cloud programs you can use for office administration, including Gmail, Google Documents, Spreadsheets, Calendar, Presentations, Forms/Surveys, Calendar, Chat, Drive (a cloud file storage system) and Sites.
● Google Ad Grants. Receive up to $10,000 of AdWords advertising a month to promote your website on Google.hk through keyword targeting
● Premium access to YouTube. Increased uploading capacity, the ability to select custom thumbnail images, and call-to-action overlay on your videos.
3. How do I access Google for Nonprofits?
If you are not a member of HK TechDonation, you’ll need to register with HK TechDonation and get validated before you can apply for Google for Nonprofits. Click here for more details on how to register with us.
If you are currently a member of HK TechDonation, you’ll need to create/log into a Google Account.
*You can find your organization's validation token by logging into your HK TechDonationaccount then clicking the tab that says "Validation Token". A validation token looks something like this: 123a4567@1b234c5de6789000.
If you have a valid token and are eligible for the Google for nonprofits program you can create your account to apply to Google for Nonprofits!
4. Is my organization eligible for Google for Nonprofits?
Please see Google’s eligibility criteria. You will find out whether or not your organization is eligible after you submit your application to Google for Nonprofits.
5. Do I have to be validated with HK TechDonation to access Google for Nonprofits?
Yes, you first register with HK TechDonation. Based on the information and documentation you provide at registration, we will validate your organization’s legal status and activities.
Once we have validated your organization, you can apply for Google for Nonprofits using your validation token.
>> How to register
6. How long does validation with HK TechDonation take?
We will process your application and confirm your HK TechDonation account within 7-10 business days of receipt of any necessary documents. Expect to receive an email with the subject line "Your organization has been qualified."
Once your HK TechDonation account is approved, you can generate validation tokens <link to validation services FAQ> in your account (under My Account > Validation Token).
7. What is a Validation Token?
Please see our Validation Services FAQ
8. Why is HK TechDonation validating Google for Nonprofit organizations?
HK TechDonation is part of the TechSoup Global network, which helps nonprofits in 89 countries access the technology tools and education they need to better do their mission-critical work. Worldwide, the network works with more than 100 corporations and foundations and provides a trusted process for validating eligible organizations on their behalf.
9. My organization is currently paying for Google Apps for Business - can I switch?
Yes! Please see Google’s information on how to switch to Google Apps for Nonprofits
10. My charity is already using Google Ad Grants, YouTube for Nonprofits
Please see Google’s information for existing grantees